Proof: The Byrd Williams Family Photography Archive : Byrd Williams Studio (1951-1957) / Photo Service (1960-1987)

Byrd Williams Studio first began in the 1950s with its founder, Byrd Williams III. The business itself began as a studio where portraits were taken for a variety of local businesses, as well as for weddings, individuals and other occasions. Disrupted momentarily by Byrd's work as the managing partner of a color lab, it reopened in the 1960s as Byrd Photo Service. The business continued into the 1980s with Byrd's son, Byrd Williams IV eventually running the photography business. Byrd Williams IV finally sold the business either during or after graduate school, where he pursued photography-this time, for its own sake.