Growing Up Green: 1941-2015 : Time Capsule

In 1988 a time capsule was buried in front of the Hurley Administration Building. It had been assembled to commemorate the occasion of the seventh name change for the university. The name was changed to the University of North Texas from North Texas State University. It was buried alongside the 1962 time capsule, which documented the first year the school was a university.