UNT: The First 50 Years : Bandstand

A bandstand designed by O’Neil Ford was dedicated at North Texas State Teachers College on July 14, 1928. Seating 3,000 people, it was located behind the former outdoor swimming pool, roughly between the University Union and the Eagle Student Services Center. The bandstand’s adjoining projection booth allowed students to be entertained by a performance from the Stage Band and a motion picture in the same venue.

Bandstand

Photograph of students playing music at the Eagle Park Bandstand at North Texas State Teachers College.