UNT: The First 50 Years : Marquis Hall

About

Marquis Hall, located between Mulberry and Sycamore streets, opened in 1936 as the first dormitory on campus. It housed 100 women and contained two large dining rooms, two banquet halls, a grill, and a large reception room. Funds for construction were provided by the Public Works Administration. The building is named after Dr. R. L. Marquis, who served as the college’s president from 1923 to 1934.